This cookbook enables diabetics and their families to prepare enjoyable, nutritious meals, promoting good blood-sugar control and optimal health The more than recipes in the South African Cookbook for Diabetes and Insulin Resistance have been tested and refined by the author over many years, and have been specifically developed to cater for local eating patterns and preferences.
Barcode The South African cookbook for diabetes and Insulin Resistance 1 will enable you to: prepare easy and nutritous meals at affordable prices; promote good blood sugar control and optimum health; follow a healthy diet - and still enjoy your favourite treats; choose from more than tested recipes made with readily available ingredients.
The comprehensive introduction includes important information such as the differences between type-1 and type-2 diabetes, the Glycemic Index GI and Glycemic Load GL , general tips for meal planning and tips for handling special occasions, such as hiking trips, functions and children's parties.
- South African Cookbook for Diabetes & Insulin Resistance 2 - Exclusive Books.
- What causes diabetes? A look at diagnostic changes and other factors.
- South African Cookbook for Diabetes & Insulin Resistance 2 : Hilda Lategan : .
- Faith Forming Faith: Bringing New Christians to Baptism and Beyond;
Book Preview Click the Google Preview button to view an excerpt from the book. More by Hilda Lategan.
- The Final Status of Kosovo and its Implications for Balkan Stability - Scenarios, Post-Conflict Society, Security, Governance, Well-being, Justice and Reconciliation.
- A Critical Theory Of Public Life: Knowledge, Discourse And Politics In An Age Of Decline (Critical Perspectives on Literacy and Education).
- No More Drama: A Practical Guide to Healthy Relationships.
- Extreme Measures: The Ecological Energetics of Birds and Mammals.
- Buffalo Hunting and the Death of Dr. Kelly!
- A Brief History of the 11th Marines.
- Global Trends 2030: Alternative Worlds.
- Blindfold from the Stars?
- Join our Mailing List.
Toggle navigation Raru. This book is a gem. It describes the different types of diabetes, the symptoms and the need to control the disease. It also explains the glycaemic index GI and glycaemic load GL which diabetics need to learn how to handle.
Diabetes risk factors
The ingredient measurements are all available in South Africa and easy to find and all recipes give storage tips. It gives a variety of foodstuffs suitable for diabetics and the recipes are easy to follow. It runs from breakfast foods, soups, meat and fish dishes, savouries, vegetables and desserts.
It even gives vegetarian options. The colour photos will tempt you to try a new recipe.
It even gives recipes for custard, salad dressings and accompaniments. Special treats and cakes like mango muffins and chocolate cake are also included. All the recipes are made up of healthy ingredients, so you know you can't go wrong.
There are some of of my favourites: various types of cheesecakes.